[Sigia-l] Re: Blasphemy: Ontology is Overrated?

Amy Silvers asilvers at vml.com
Fri May 6 12:44:10 EDT 2005

Quoting Alexander Johannesen:

> And why didn't he ask the librarians of what their alternatives are?
> They have many really interesting things going on, some of them
> surpasses his notion of taxonomy and ontology by a few hundred years
> or so.

Agreed, and here's an intriguing (though complex and potentially very
flawed) example of just one such alternative, which I read about for the
first time yesterday:

http://www.ucl.ac.uk/fatks/index.htm

Amy Silvers
Experience Architect
VML
The opinions expressed in this message do not represent those of VML or
its partners or clients.