[Sigia-l] Question about the use of the term 'ontology'

Heather Hedden heather at hedden.net
Thu Mar 31 16:48:43 EST 2005

How about calling it "topical classification" instead of "subject-based
classification"?

What is being exluded in this description is the classification of named
entities (named people, organizations, brands, etc.)

Yet controlled vocabularies could certainly included named entitites.

Heather Hedden
Hedden Information Management
http://www.Hedden-Information.com