[Sigia-l] JOB: Interactive Architect--Seattle, WA

Heidi Adkisson heidi at hpadkisson.com
Tue Mar 8 13:08:32 EST 2005

Greetings,

We have an immediate opening for an Interactive Architect (details below).
Please direct all correspondence to careers at blinkia.com.

----------------------

Company: Blink Interactive Architects
Location: Seattle, WA
Position: Interactive Architect, Full-Time

Job Description

Blink Interactive Architects is looking for a full time Interactive
Architect to join our User-Centered Design team. We provide a
growth-oriented environment with a wide range of clients from Fortune 500
companies to start-ups.

The Interactive Architect position responsibilities include:

- Evaluating clients' functional and business requirements.
- Conducting primary and secondary research to evaluate user needs.
- Performing usability inspections of existing systems and conducting
competitive research.
- Developing information architecture, system vocabulary, task flows,
navigation systems, and detailed wireframe layouts.
- Documenting screen-level interactions.
- Presenting and justifying designs to clients.
- Developing paper prototypes for early user testing.
- Creating project-specific user experience guidelines that assist clients
in making future design decisions.
- Working with content writers, visual designers, and software developers to
ensure a smooth transition of the interactive design into development.

Job Qualifications

- At least 3 years experience in complex web application interaction design.
- Education in user-centered design (UCD) or ability to display a formal
understanding of UCD theory and practice.
- Ability to blend both user goals and business goals to create an effective
interactive experience.
- Working knowledge of browser-based technology constraints/capabilities
(e.g. HTML, JavaScript, Flash).
- Experience with a range of software development practices, including agile
and use-case based methods.
- Superlative oral and written communication skills.
- Experience working directly with clients in a consulting role, including
leading client meetings.
- Working knowledge of visual design tools (e.g. OmniGraffle, Visio).
- Experience designing and conducting usability studies is an asset.

Contact Information

If you are interested in joining our team, please send your resume to:
careers at blinkia.com. Resumes should include URLs to current work. We are not
offering relocation assistance at this time.

--
Heidi P. Adkisson
http://www.iathink.com/