[Sigia-l] The art of reading

John Fullerton JFULLERT at lib-gw.tamu.edu
Tue Jun 28 11:58:46 EDT 2005

> Is this a good thing? How far should we go in *directing* how people
read?
> How far do we go in "engineering" reading experience?

Could this relate to the PowerPoint for the CEO idea?

I was thinking that if I read an article and want to refer it to my
boss, I could highlight the passages that I thought were relevant--the
elements that prompted me to refer (give a copy of) to my boss. Even if
my reading was hurried, it's possible that the highlights could add some
value. Of course, it's possible that the other person could benefit from
what I did not highlight.

Have a nice day
John Paul Fullerton
j-fullerton at tamu.edu