[Sigia-l] functional screen resolution

Gray, Laurie LGray at KnowledgeStorm.com
Tue Jun 28 09:29:20 EDT 2005

It's easy to find data on recorded screen resolutions for website visitors.
Generally, recorded data suggests that roughly half are using 1024x768, with
half again as many using 800x600. So, approximately 75% of users are in
800x600 or greater.

At the same time, we've seen a number of sites (Yahoo, for example) go back
to an 800x600 design. The days of "1024, degrading gracefully to 800" seem
to be gone. The question I have is, "why?"

One hypothesis is that users who have their systems set at a higher
resolution work with multiple windows that are slightly minimized, or tiled.
Has anyone observed this? Heck, at this point, I'd take personal
reports/anecdotes on what each of you use.

Thanks,
Laurie

Laurie Gray

Senior Information Architect

770-290-8864

laurie.gray at knowledgestorm.com

KnowledgeStorm, Inc

2520 Northwinds Parkway, Suite 600

Atlanta, GA  30004

www.knowledgestorm.com

KnowledgeStorm - The Leader In Technology Search