[Sigia-l] When I grow up I want to be a... [was So, how did you become a [Information]

kate.simpson at freshfields.com kate.simpson at freshfields.com
Tue Jun 28 07:59:18 EDT 2005

Me?
Law.

Not sure we can really tell that much by what we studied (and with reference to this thread by what we *label* ourselves either!). Perhaps that old saying is worth remembering here: The Proof is in the Pudding - what it is we actually *do* every day (and from the dates on some of the posts that does include the weekend!).

For me that's a whole bunch of things that I can guarantee would be different from the next person; but hopefully we would have something fundamental in common (otherwise why would we all be subscribers to this list? Although perhaps that's a more complicated question sometimes ;) ): information. That's what drives me to come into work each day and enjoy what I do anyways.

[Just about to look at that "data as information" thread now so my disclaimer to the above statement would be: ... however information may be defined... ]

Kate

Kate Simpson
Information Architect
Knowledge Management
kate.simpson at freshfields.com

Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer
65 Fleet Street
London
EC4Y 1HS

Direct: +44 (0)20 7785 2881
Fax: +44 (0)20 7108 2881
http://www.freshfields.com/

On 28 June 2005 12:25 Ted Han <notheory at gmail.com>

On Jun 28, 2005, at 4:15 AM, Louise Hewitt wrote:

>> On Jun 26, 2005, at 1:35 AM, T. Karsjens wrote:
>>
> .
>
>>> I have a degree in psychology and art history (yeah, I know, nice
>>> combo,
>>> huh).
>>>

> Then Todd wrote:
>

>> Uh, huh. My degrees are in Cognitive Psych and English, and my
>> practical experience was in Graphic Design when I graduated. Makes
>> sense now, but at the time...
>>

> We're a mixed breed. I have joint degree in Social Anthropology and
> Politics & Government.
> Should we infer anything by the 'two subject' pattern that's
> emerging here!
>
> Do the information scientists in the community still respect us?
>
> Lou.

*Plain text, please; NO Attachments

IA 06 Summit.  Mark your calendar.  March 23-27, Vancouver, BC