[Sigia-l] To Title or Not to Title (Was: Becoming and IA)

T. Karsjens timothy at karsjens.com
Mon Jun 27 02:46:27 EDT 2005

Alexander Johannesen Wrote --
"No, titles in themselves are meaningless. Context is everything."

I believe this sums up my entire point about titles in a lot fewer words.

One of the reasons why I lurk on this list and do not contribute much is
that often, my "do only what works" philosophy bends people out of shape.
This applies to IA and our industry as a whole.  I have seen way too many
people that are truly "good" at what they do get bogged down in trying to
make what they do concrete.  Every project I have been an active player on
has been different.  Every time I go to do a task on a project, I look for
ways to improve that task, often coming up with new and better ways of
presenting the information to those it matters to the most.  I happen to be
a very strong advocate of agile methods bleeding over into interface
development/information architecture as Agile Methods follow my way of
thinking. If you do only what works, in as efficient as a manner as
possible, then you will understand that "Context is everything".

If I tend to adopt the "I don't need any other bodies cluttering the path to
my brilliance" philosophy, well...

Timothy Karsjens