[Sigia-l] Beginner to SEO

Patrick Neeman pat at nexisinteractive.com
Thu Jun 23 16:48:44 EDT 2005

There's also a frequent misconception that I see with the idea of SEO
that I've run into a few times with clients. They feel that if their
site is search engine friendly that it's going to translate into
extra sales. One client with a previous company had taken the time to
rewrite the whole site so it was optimized, but when finished, the
site was so unusable (and boring) that while some traffic increased a
bit, the conversion rate for return customers and leads for their
clients was so low that the SEO actually had a negative impact on the
business. We redesigned the site with the user in mind, and magically
leads increased 400 percent. Funny how that works.

Agreed with tim -- I've found that when I was involved in a project
where we took the time to make the content interesting, and structure
the page logically, the search engines will index the pages very well.

P@