[Sigia-l] How long will it take?

Marcel van Mackelenbergh marcelvanmackelenbergh at home.nl
Thu Jun 23 04:02:01 EDT 2005

Recognize this?

I work in a dual monitor setting. I very often type keys which I think
are directed to one application. But actually there is another
application active. So nothing is happening where I want it to happen
and sometimes something unwanted happens in the active application.

"Why?" my internal voice says. "I was looking at the right one!" Is it
just me or do you recognize this as well?

How long will it take before our OS notices the application we are
looking at, is the application where we want our actions to happen? Is
anything like this researched? Are there other ways of solving this
Man-Machine misunderstanding?

Marcel