[Sigia-l] Managing product design documentation

Kenyon, Aida N (AT - Atlanta) Aida.Kenyon at autotrader.com
Wed Jun 15 09:52:21 EDT 2005

I was wondering if any of you had thoughts on how to manage a large
amount of product design documentation -- specifically a couple of
hundred paper-based (Visio) wireframes.  We are talking about one large
set of documentation being used by multiple designers (IAs) with
multiple concurrent projects and multiple development teams.  The two
big goals are to have up-to-date documentation at all times and to keep
document maintenance to an absolute low.

So what are talking about?  Content Management Systems? Fancy processes?
Ditch the paper-based/Visio documentation? Source Code Management
systems but for design docs?  I'm open to any and all ideas.

With thanks.
-Aida

Aida Najarian Kenyon
Interaction Design/Information Architect
Autotrader.com
aida.kenyon at autotrader.com
AIM: aidankenyon
(404) 269-6844