[Sigia-l] i-Conference 2005

Peter Boersma peter at peterboersma.com
Sat Jul 30 15:50:09 EDT 2005

Peter Morville wrote:

> I just noticed an announcement for the first i-conference of the
> i-school community:

Oh, dear...from the Conference Overview
(http://iconference.ist.psu.edu/content/view/26/41/):

"The most vibrant research and curricular scholarship in the information
community represent showcases of multi- and interdisciplinary perspectives
on information technologies and the contexts in which they reside [but
there's absolutely no guarantee that this "most vibrant research" will be
part of the conference, PB]. Indeed, as a field [sorry, what field? PB], we
engage our research and education efforts around the creation,
implementation, and impact of IT by drawing from multiple theories, methods,
disciplines, and perspectives. By embracing this philosophy [what philosophy
was that again?] and being able to leverage the power of this synergistic
approach, we are able to both articulate and engage the grand challenges
that envelop  [Bingo!(*)] our increasingly digital, global society."

Maybe I am missing something, but what is this i-field about?

Peter
(*) http://www.perkigoth.com/home/kermit/stuff/bullshitbingo/
--
Peter Boersma | Consultant User Experience | www.UserIntelligence.com
Vlaardingenlaan 9 | 1059 GL | Amsterdam | The Netherlands