[Sigia-l] Counterintuitive

Eric Reiss elr at e-reiss.com
Tue Jan 25 04:53:57 EST 2005

Ziya Oz:

So you are saying the more rigidly designed a site, the happier the
user?

---

As a matter of fact, yes to some extent.

I question your use of the word *rigidly designed*. If you don't
think well-structured sites that follow some basic rules of
categorization are better than the informational hodge-podges that
populated the internet in the mid-90s, then I wonder why you're
spending time on an IA site.

Let's face it, not all sets of guidelines are bad. Personally, I'm
rather fond of the 10 Commandments - and I'm not even particularly
religious.

Cheers,
Eric

-----------------------
eric reiss
principal
e-reiss aps
copenhagen, denmark
http://www.e-reiss.com
office: (+45) 39 29 67 77
mobile: (+45) 20 12 88 44

e-reiss is an official sponsor of the
Usability Professionals' Association
http://www.upassoc.org

and/or privileged material. If you received this in error,
please contact the sender and delete the material from any
computer.