[Sigia-l] JOB: Information Architect at Behavior

Christopher Fahey askrom at graphpaper.com
Sat Jan 1 20:55:36 EST 2005

Hello friends and colleagues,

Behavior is looking for one (1) excellent information architect for a
full-time freelance job for the first 2-3 months of 2005. The position is
project-specific consulting work, not a staff position, and you must be New
York based.

Behavior is a 3+ year old Web design shop in NYC, with blue-chip clients, a
great leadership team, and a deep commitment to excellence. Visit our site
to get a feel for the kind of work we do:
    http://www.behaviordesign.com

This IA position is for an exciting and highly-visible new project at
Behavior. We're looking for someone to integrate closely with our team for
the duration of the project, but we are also open to converting it into a
full-time position for the right candidate. Let's talk.

Please contact me directly and I'd be extremely happy to discuss the
position further. Send resumes, URLs, etc., to this email address:
    chris.fahey at behaviordesign.com

You should:
  * Have 3+ years experience as an information architect.
  * Have been the principal IA on at least one major enterprise-level Web
site, from start to finish.
  * Be comfortable presenting -- and sometimes leading -- large meetings
with senior management-level clients
  * Be able to show us examples of all or most of the following typical
deliverables:
       * Use Cases/Scenarios (UML not required!)
       * User Personas
       * Site Maps, Wireframes, Process Flows (naturally)
       * Business Analysis/Features/Requirements
       * Functional Specifications
  * Work very well with visual designers and technologists
  * Be a good communicator, both spoken and written
  * Be well-read in the masters: Krug, Morville/Rosenfeld, Cooper, Nielsen,
etc.
  * Be forward-thinking and resourceful about trends and best practices in
Web design and IA (despite having read Nielsen). You should have a burning
desire to always build Web standards-compliant sites, bullet-proof
validation, rich client-side interaction.

This position is for the kind of IA who sees themselves as a key project
leader as well as a team player, someone who can consistently generate new
ideas and strategies for the team and for the client. But this is also a
hands-on job: You'll be using Visio every day!

Other things that would make you an excellent candidate:
  * You have notable experience designing complex business-specific search
engines
  * Were a skilled copy writer or editor, or had similar experience
  * You have a good eye for visual design - Behavior's deliverables always
look good!
  * You are able to travel occasionally

Thanks! I look forward to meeting some great people!

-Cf

Christopher Fahey
Behavior
http://www.behaviordesign.com