[Sigia-l] To sort or not to sort

FelcanSmith, Mark mfelc at allstate.com
Wed Feb 23 10:56:20 EST 2005

> Sarah Ockler wrote:
>
> You can also offer users a "sort results by" option as
> part of the search criteria.

Sarah, thanks for sharing. I see the reasoning and advantages for each
scenario you described. Are you suggesting to try out the "sort results
by" on the relevancy search? I'm wondering how that would affect/skew
the results. If the search is returning results based on relevancy, how
does a user preference regarding the sort order of the results factor in
to that equation? (which is maybe why you decided not to include it in
your relevancy search ;)