[Sigia-l] I guess this was inevitable: Google phonebook results

Manu Sharma manu at orangehues.com
Fri Feb 11 11:11:25 EST 2005

Steven MacCall:
"Yes, type your phone number and get identified by Google ... Is this a
brand new service or have I missed something down the line??"

I'm learning about it the first time as well but PhoneBook is listed on
Google features page http://www.google.com/help/features.html and it
isn't marked as new so I suppose it's been there for some time.

It links to Mapquest maybe because Google Maps is till beta?? Or
perhaps because they forgot about this feature! Even an address search
from Google homepage [not from maps.google.com] still leads to
Mapquest.

Heather Johnson:
"Good reason to switch to unlisted!"

They do offer the option to have your number removed.
http://www.google.com/help/pbremoval.html

Manu.