[Sigia-l] Amazon Prime (subscription-like service) - an innovation?

ruth at ruthkaufman.com ruth at ruthkaufman.com
Mon Feb 7 17:41:22 EST 2005

Quoting mary at maryaustin-keller.com:

> The innovation?  Customers who check multiple sites for the best price and
> grumble over how long Amazon takes to ship out the free-shipping-packages
> into are turned into loyal Amazon customers.

I signed up without blinking. I can't tell you how many minutes I've spent
thinking about what extra item to buy to get the free shipping (therefore
spending money I didn't need to spend) and how frustrated I've been debating
whether or not to spend extra on expedited shipping when I needed the item
immediately. For me, this was a no-brainer. It was worth the $79 to not have to
think about shipping options for a full year. I do buy a lot of books and am
curious about what other items this will apply to.

Ruth