[Sigia-l] Y!Q - Just-in-time search

Listera listera at rcn.com
Mon Feb 7 05:40:03 EST 2005

James Aylett:

> What I'd prefer to do is to segment the result set from Google clearly, so
> that users could decide how to further refine their query once they'd got
> some sample results.

Google gives you 'Search within results' already (not great UI). But how
would you segment the result set? Y!Q shows the search parameters clearly,
with checkboxes for each. If you had, say, six such search words, it'd be
very confusing to have all the permutations as segmented results. I'm
assuming all these efforts are for people who don't grok Boolean search to
begin with. Could this ever be anything more than an advanced users' tool?
I'd love to see Yahoo and Google test results on this.

Ziya
Nullius in Verba