[Sigia-l] Complex Search - need examples

Marcel van Mackelenbergh marcelvanmackelenbergh at home.nl
Wed Feb 2 08:55:17 EST 2005

Marcy,

> The
> screen needs to allow users to search for properties (6 fields),
> buildings (3 fields) and contacts (4 fields).
I think you are ready for faceted classification.

> Properties and buildings
> could be an "and" search - Building A at Property Y.
The Seamark server from Siderean does great stuff.
www.siderean.com/fooddemo.jsp
Personally I use a very simple perl script. It is not beautiful but it
gets accross the principle.
http://www.geocities.com/xtopicmaps/FacetedTaxonomy.html
Give me a call if you need help with the perl script.

Good luck!

Marcel

Marcel van Mackelenbergh
+31 73 522 3022