[Sigia-l] Research then prototype OR prototype, etc.

Jared M. Spool jspool at uie.com
Tue Dec 27 17:48:55 EST 2005

At 05:59 AM 12/21/2005, Eric Reiss wrote:

>Jared Spool wrote:
> >Our research into how teams produce good design
> >suggest that more mature teams are far more capable of bringing new
> >insights into the start of a design process than less mature teams.
>
>Jared, this is an interesting observation. Can you elaborate on what
>you mean by "mature"? Are the individuals more experienced or have
>they worked together longer?

Our definition of a mature team is a UX group that, combined, has more
experience, knowledge, and skills than the average team we've studied. We
look at the individuals experience, knowledge, and skills, along with the
teams practices and procedures.

We're currently refining our measures to be more precise. It's early in the
research and we're still "feeling our way around" the data.

So, you wanna take what our research is currently suggesting with a grain
of salt (or other appropriate seasoning).

Seasoning's Greetings.

Jared

4 Lookout Lane, Unit 4d, Middleton, MA 01949
978 777-9123   jspool at uie.com  http://www.uie.com
Blog: http://www.uie.com/brainsparks