[Sigia-l] the lesser importance of home pages ->moresplashpagefun?

Listera listera at rcn.com
Wed Dec 21 03:19:09 EST 2005

Christopher Fahey:

> I just said that a skilled graphic designer could help that McMaster site.

That may well be true. But the point I'm making is that what's really wrong
with that site may OR MAY NOT be graphic design to begin with. It may be
interaction, workflow, IA, content, etc.

So the question is not whether a graphic designer can improve that or any
other site, but what actually *is* the design problem in a given context? If
that problem is in fact graphic design, great. If not, then what a graphic
designer brings to the table remains cosmetic given the priority and
severity of other problems that remain unsolved.

---
Ziya

If you can't make it good, at least make it look good.