[Sigia-l] cross-reference/thesaraus -type question

Listera listera at rcn.com
Fri Dec 16 03:55:26 EST 2005

Lyle Kantrovich:

> I don't assume they are looking for statements about how easy it'll be for a
> DBA to do their job.

I don't care what you assume. Don't put words in my mouth. I never said a
DBA would trivially do the WHOLE job, DID I? If you can read, reread what I
said:

"You can have word/phrase associations entered manually (by a taxonomy
person) and wired fairly trivially by a DBA."

This says nothing about a DBA doing taxonomy, DOES IT? It says ONCE the
strategic IA is done, the tactical process of "wiring" it technically IS
trivial in RDB terms. Because it IS.

If you know otherwise, put up. If you simply want to persist on disagreeing
with me, have a ball: "The sky is green."

----
Ziya

"Innovate as a last resort."