[Sigia-l] request for feedback re: info design challenge

Davezilla davezilla at gmail.com
Fri Dec 9 09:50:00 EST 2005

On 12/9/05, Maria Cordell <mcordell at gmail.com> wrote:
> existing process at this company for our kind of work, getting things
> going will be tough and at times frustrating, and I will undoubtedly
> encounter some roadblocks and resistance along the way. I know I'm

That happened to me as well. It started out that they used IA as sort
of a bandaid on the failing projects. It was annoying, but we made
certain to offer plenty of insights at meetings so that the light
began to dawn on them that it would behoove them to bring IA in
earlier in the projects, rather than as a corrective measure.

It worked, it was painful and I will not lie; it took months. Now they
won't even think of starting a project without asking me to of
investigative work upfront. You'll get there, but you have to be
proactive and get to be buddies with the Project Managers. They can be
your closest ally.

--
Color me gone,
Davezilla