[Sigia-l] Ajax sucks 99%

Bill Quimby wquimby at ecr.net
Tue Dec 6 21:41:47 EST 2005

Oh my, a defense to be written down with greatest moves of the greatest chess
masters! But hey - time to cut slack and appreciate the one or two individuals
on every list who volunteer to govern, monitor, guide - and who somehow find the
time to do so!

But AJAX? I went back a year or so on SIGIA-L and it seems that there has been
very little discussion on its positives and negatives. Article spoof or not, if
it is true that the reference (URL) to a page may not in fact be a reference to
a page in question because the referee is mistakingly leading the reader to the
page as it was in state1, state2, state3, or state4, isn't that a problem?

Yes, I can see where it may not be a problem in a well-guided (with tested
limits to any and all alternative choices) commercial site. And that may be the
work-a-day focus of the readers of this list. But as the writer of the spoof
asks, is it good for all?

- Bill