[Sigia-l] JOB: Information Architecture Practice Lead at Behavior

Christopher Fahey askrom at graphpaper.com
Mon Dec 5 00:55:05 EST 2005

Hello,

Behavior is seeking a management-level Information Architect to join our
team full-time. We will consider candidates seeking near-term freelance
positions, but we are ultimately looking for someone to fill a full-time
leadership position within our firm. We are willing to take our time to fill
this key role.

[Behavior is a growing web design firm in NYC, with blue-chip clients, a
great leadership team, and a deep commitment to excellence. Visit our site
to get a feel for the kind of work we do:  http://www.behaviordesign.com ]

This Information Architecture Practice Lead position is more than just
project or client work: We're looking for someone to be the innovation
leader within our IA discipline, to provide strategic oversight of
Behavior's interaction design across multiple in-house projects, to recruit
and mentor junior information architects, and to evangelize IA best
practices within the company as we grow. In short, we are looking for an IA
leader to consistently generate new ideas and strategies, both for our team
and for our clients. Salary will be commensurate with experience, benefits
include healthcare and 401k.

Please contact me directly and I'd be extremely happy to discuss the
opportunity further. Send resumes, URLs, etc., to this email address:
    chris.fahey at behaviordesign.com

You should:
--> Live and work in the NYC metro area.
--> Have 5+ years experience as an information architect or an
interaction/experience designer.
--> Have been the principal IA on several major enterprise-level web sites,
from start to finish.
--> Have experience leading and mentoring up-and-coming Information
Architects. Recruiting and hiring experience a plus.
--> Be adept at presenting -- and leading -- large meetings with senior
management-level clients
--> Have business development experience: developing proposals, work
estimates, and presentations regarding information architecture activities
and deliverables
--> Have experience with user research and/or usability testing (i.e., the
"lab coat" part of IA)
--> Be able to show examples of almost all of the following typical
deliverables:
      -- Use Cases/Scenarios (UML not required!)
      -- User Personas/Task Analysis
      -- Site Maps, Wireframes, Process Flows (naturally)
      -- Business Analysis/Features/Requirements
      -- Functional Specifications
--> Work very well with visual designers and technologists
--> Be a good communicator, both spoken, written, and graphically
--> Be well-read in the "IA canon": Krug, Morville/Rosenfeld, Cooper,
Nielsen, etc. Activity and visibility in the UX/IA community is a plus, as
is academic/teaching experience.
--> Be forward-thinking and resourceful about trends and best practices in
web design and IA. You should have a burning desire to always build
rock-solid but innovative web sites: rich client-side interactions, web
standards-compliant code, bullet-proof validation and error prevention,
powerful data-mining, syndication, etc, etc.

Thank you, and I look forward to meeting some great people!

Christopher Fahey
Behavior
http://www.behaviordesign.com
212.532.4002 x203