[Sigia-l] Re: What's your role?

Skot Nelson skot at penguinstorm.com
Thu Dec 1 02:14:08 EST 2005

On Nov-30-2005, at 6:37 PM, ruth at ruthkaufman.com wrote:

>  (BTW, I haven't really had a title in
> over 2 years.)

I dig this kind of funky thinking, but recognize the difficulty with
which it can be placed on a resume. I downgraded a title on my resume
because it could have been perceived as "too senior." It was a midget
company, and somebody else slapped the moniker on me; I never wanted
it. Another gig had critical distinctions between Foo Coordinator,
Foo Supervisor, Foo Manager etc. Very important. Even when I was
simply a coordinator (oh, the humble life of the coordinator) I was
often asked to speak/present/entertain/dance at the mercy of the CEO.

Work, and doing it well, is important. Titles come second.
--
Scott Nelson
skot (at) penguinstorm (dot) com

skype. skot.nelson