[Sigia-l] Personas vs. Audience Analysis

Dave dheller at gmail.com
Wed Aug 31 11:12:58 EDT 2005

> I think you need empathy--some regard for the person's situation--
> before understanding and then solutions. But stopping at empathy
> worries me.

I totally agree. As I said this is about balance.
Emic < >  Etic
Emotion < > Logic
User < > Business

I know many people are fighting the "touchy feely" rep of design, and
so feel compelled to push all "emotional" influence aside to be taken
more seriously. We need to no over react and to take a more balanced
approach.

Let's not loose what is great about emotion.
passion, inspiration, empathy, sympathy, creativity

--
David Heller
E: dheller (at) gmail (dot) com