[Sigia-l] software for persona design

Andrew Boyd andrew at friendlymanual.com
Mon Aug 29 18:17:21 EDT 2005

Stewart Dean wrote:

> My advice - don't use personas. Instead focus on what the users do.
> One person may be many personas in the system and I feel it's just
> adding a level of complexity to the problem.
>
> Stew Dean

Hi Stew,

the only worry with that  - categorise by user, not
per-user-per-function - is that there is a danger of missing things. If
you are aiming to get as much done as possible on the first iteration,
and have the time, is to go the full persona route. This is just a scope
and definition thing, I guess. User "PA" may get "Area Financial
Delegate" and "Social Coordinator" functions/tasks/roles included in a
generic user duty statement or may not. Identifying all
tasks/roles/functions, generating a persona per, and then attaching each
persona to a user type is overkill, perhaps, but if you have time, why
not? :)

Cheers, Andrew