[Sigia-l] software for persona design

Andrew Boyd andrew at friendlymanual.com
Mon Aug 29 06:07:17 EDT 2005

Hi Eric,

I am ashamed to say that I have always written free-text personas using
a text editor. If it has been necessary to plug them into a design tool
(Visio or one of IBM/Rational's) then this has usually happened after
the initial analysis rather than as part of an assisted process.

If there was such a tool, and I was to use it, it would:
- supply a template that helped populate a job-specific database with
useful (in context) information - this might be one or more of (name of
analyst, date/time written, date/time modified, amendments, source of
information, title of persona, relative position of persona target in
the system, current tasks associated, projected tasks associated)
- fit into a workflow system (1. gather 2. verify 3. associate 4. plug
into wider design)
- offer retrieval by any combination of information type or workflow stage
- have full-ish version control.

I'm sure that there are a hundred things I have missed here that I will
forehead-slap tomorrow about :)

Cheers, Andrew