[Sigia-l] Research Maps - Visual approximation to research

Marcel van Mackelenbergh marcelvanmackelenbergh at home.nl
Sat Aug 27 08:06:39 EDT 2005

Mesa,

> I'm looking for <research maps> on the internet. I've been
> browsing university websites to find visual approaches to the
> different research fields they explore.

CWTS in the Netherlands is an institute that measures performance of
scientists. They build maps in order to show the field in which the
scientists are performing. The nodes in these maps are found using
automatic classification of abstracts and titles of papers.

Via
http://studies.cwts.nl/projects/qlk4/show?page=ranking
You can create a map like
http://studies.cwts.nl/projects/qlk4/show?page=profile;actor_type=countr
y;actor_id=253;rank_field=Endocrine%20Disruptors#map
to show the field of endocrine disruptors for the U.S.

We did some research on how concept mapping may facilitate the
interpretation of these maps. If you want to know more, please let met
know.

Marcel