[Sigia-l] Site registration

Stew Dean stew at stewdean.com
Wed Aug 24 04:10:49 EDT 2005

At 04:19 24/08/2005, Skot Nelson wrote:

<on registration>

>I fought for this ten years ago: the reason my colleagues gave then
>was lame - the reality was, MOST marketing organizations haven't got
>the collateral to support that level of targeting, and aren't willing
>to develop it for online only delivery. If your target market is
>"Males 18 - 55" and your secondary market is "Females 18 - 55" no
>amount of demographic information is going to help you target a more
>specific audience.

Wise words. I totally agree with you that registration sounds like a great
idea to those in marketing and my experience is the same as yours, once
they have it they don't know what to do with it.   It's one of  those
'great idea at the time' ideas like adding personalisation, message boards
and magazine type content to sites ('So who is going to keep the content
updated?' 'Carol in marketing will do it' ).

Stew Dean