[Sigia-l] Planning and design for usability testing facilities

Fu-Tien_Chiou at capgroup.com Fu-Tien_Chiou at capgroup.com
Tue Aug 23 12:26:10 EDT 2005

Hello there,

We are planning usability testing facilities; including 2 labs and a focus
group room, for our web and other internal applications.  I would like to
get your advice on that.

With the technologies, both the web and testing equipment, evolving so
rapidly, where do you see usability testing will be in, say, 5 years?  What
do we need to be mindful of?  I have visited/used quite a few commercial
facilities in the past.  However, most of them are focus group rooms made
into testing labs.  What institution(s) has the most up-to-date
(state-of-the-arts) testing facilities that you consider?  About testing
software, has anyone experienced Techsmith's Morae?

Any input on testing facilities, equipments (hardware and software),
process and anything you can think of are welcome.  Thank you in advance
for your help.

Sincerely,

Fu-Tien Chiou
Sr. Information Architect