[Sigia-l] Usability on "The Fold"

Skot Nelson skot at penguinstorm.com
Fri Aug 19 21:23:34 EDT 2005

On Aug-19-2005, at 1:11 PM, chaniyas at nyc.rr.com wrote:

> Also, as
> of last year, we had some findings that monitor sizes greater than
> 1024x768
> account for 63% of internet users hence the use of the 800x600 monitor
> screen is declining.
>
> Does anyone have any thoughts or feedback on what the “new” fold is?

don't assume your users have their screens maximized.

walk around your local neighbourhood and check newspaper boxes. if
your model is "current" content this is a good place to learn.

if your model is not current content, your mileage may vary. the
fold, in short, can be greatly affected by your audiences goals.
--
Skot Nelson
skot at penguinstorm.com