[Sigia-l] Straw poll re: card sorting

Billie Mandel Billie.Mandel at openwave.com
Thu Aug 18 14:37:13 EDT 2005

Hi all -

I'm going to be doing some card sorting for an intranet faceted taxonomy
project, and wanted to do a quick straw poll re: analysis.  Our esteemed
colleagues Lou R and Peter Mo suggest that card sorts are better for
qualitative than quantitative analysis, but I know plenty of people
swear by their cluster analysis software.  What say ye?

I'm also curious as to how many users you have put through the exercise,
to what end (for a change I have the budget and authority to raise the
bar a bit on scope if I want to, and I'm trying to gauge the value).

Thanks all,
- Billie

Billie Mandel
Information Architect