[Sigia-l] Wireframe/Prototyping tools (was RE:Intelligent sig ns at Microsoft)

Ilen Zauzeta-Hall Ilen at marketlive.com
Thu Aug 18 12:55:14 EDT 2005

>> iRise comes up at least once every year. From the archives:
>> <http://tinyurl.com/9a4d6>

>> I thought Pradyot Rai had tested it some time ago.

According to the archives it was steve.schang, and while interesting, not
the be all end all of the discussion. Let me rephrase and expand my question
so that thread context is less necessary:

Are there real replacements or integrators for
Visio+Illustrator+Excel/insert your favorite amalgamation of tools here?
We're trying to use Axure for this purpose with limited success.

iRise looks like it might do this more effectively (less manually) however
some of our IA folk think its drawing capabilities are too limited (they
aren't happy with Axure in that regard either, fwiw).

Have you (anybody) used iRise for WIREFRAMING? What did you think about it
in that regard?
Have you used iRise for PROTOTYPING? What did you think about it in that
regard?
Have you used any OTHER tools for this purpose? (Aside from the usual
suspects)

How do you use tools to assist you in handling requirements traceability in
your prototyping and/or wireframing work?

Thank you for your constructive and informative feedback in this regard.

Suggested alternate topic of conversation: Patterns of dominance behavior in
online communitites  ;)

--Ilen