[Sigia-l] Netiquette

Eric Scheid eric.scheid at ironclad.net.au
Wed Aug 17 21:23:56 EDT 2005

On 18/8/05 4:12 AM, "Listera" <listera at rcn.com> wrote:

>> Yes, unfortunately in our industry there are those who feel their
>> approach/answers are the only "right" one.
>>
> There's nothing "unfortunate" about it. It's a blessing that some people
> passionately advocate their POVs.

That's not what he said. Be as passionate as you like, but please do allow
for the possibility for others to disagree or criticise your position.

> If you don't agree with them it's incumbent upon you to examine and criticize
> their approach/answers. Don't complain if you are unable or unwilling to do
> that.

Y'see, what's the point of doing any of that if they are feel their
approach/answers are the only "right" one and simply brook no discussion?

If the original person takes the (metaphorical) stance of putting their
fingers in the ears and going lalalalalalalala-i-can't-hear-you then it is
entirely valid to complain about the pointlessness of examining and
criticising their approach/answers.

e.