[Sigia-l] Netiquette

Alexander Johannesen alexander.johannesen at gmail.com
Wed Aug 17 20:15:45 EDT 2005

On 8/18/05, Listera <listera at rcn.com> wrote:
> There's nothing "unfortunate" about it. It's a blessing that some people
> passionately advocate their POVs.

But is it still a blessing if they can't see other points of views? Is
it a blessing if they say "no, you're wrong; design is all about
cheesecake!" It can often become quite fruitless.

> If you don't agree with them it's
> incumbent upon you to examine and criticize their approach/answers.

But isn't that the problem in a nutshell? I know some people on this
list who I know would have a lot of clever stuff to say on given
subjects, but they don't for some reason. Some times I think they're
smarter for it, but some times I wished they'd piped up! And then I
start talking about it instead! We got to stop this madness before it
end us all!

Alex
--
"Ultimately, all things are known because you want to believe you know."
                                                         - Frank Herbert