[Sigia-l] Next article in Opinion (10 of 14)

Matthew Savard Matthew.Savard at avenuea-razorfish.com
Tue Aug 16 11:16:04 EDT 2005

Message: 1
Date: Sun, 14 Aug 2005 13:25:08 -0400
From: Listera <listera at rcn.com>
Subject: Re: [Sigia-l] Next article in Opinion (10 of 14)
To: SIGIA-L <sigia-l at asis.org>

Listera:

> That may be, but this is not really a "link." It's as generic as you're going to get: "Next Item."

There are at least tooltips on those links showing the title of the next article.

------------------------------

Message: 2
Date: Sun, 14 Aug 2005 14:20:47 -0400
From: Listera <listera at rcn.com>
Subject: [Sigia-l] It's all about sex
To: SIGIA-L <sigia-l at asis.org>

A first-of-its-kind study conducted by experts at the University of Glamorgan has proved that men and women really are poles apart when it comes to what catches their eye on the internet.

Where visuals are concerned, males favour the use of straight lines (as opposed to rounded forms), few colours in the typeface and background, and formal typography. As for language, they favour the use of formal or expert language with few abbreviations and are more likely to promote themselves and their abilities heavily.

"The statistics are complicated, but there is no doubt about the strength of men and women's preference for sites produced by people of their own sex,"
said statistician and co-researcher Dr Rod Gunn.

Despite the parity of target audience, the results found that 94% of the sites displayed a masculine orientation with just 2% displaying a typically female bias.

<http://www.glam.ac.uk/news/releases/003056.php>

Significant or another crackpot 'science' project? [1]

Ziya
Nullius in Verba

[1] "The University is now offering a consultancy service to businesses seeking advice on tailoring their websites to their business goals."

Message: 3