[Sigia-l] Human-Centered Design 99% bad

Listera listera at rcn.com
Wed Aug 3 22:21:41 EDT 2005

Eric Scheid:

> Do most office spaces include a toilet right there, in the cubicle...

Silly me! Obviously, I forgot phonebooks were designed (by designers with
intension) to exist only in an office cubicle, as you say. But, oh wait, the
intention of the designer doesn't matter in the era of Arbitrary Enablement,
in which case it's OK to go in your cubicle, which can't possibly be for
office work alone.

Hmm, I'm confused: intensions/usage, cubicle/toilet, phonebook/toilet paper,
pantyhose/fan-belt, concrete block/murder weapon, refrigerator/nuclear bomb,
potato peeler/eye gouger...

I think even you can spot the utter absurdity of usage = design.

Ziya
Nullius in Verba