[Sigia-l] Human-Centered Design 99% bad

Alexander Johannesen alexander.johannesen at gmail.com
Tue Aug 2 23:38:39 EDT 2005

Anne Miller <amiller at humanfactors.uq.edu.au> wrote:
> No. I'm saying that possibilities inherent in the design of a phone book
> allow it to be used as a monitor stand.

But what the heck is "design", then? What you're saying is pretty
close to the randomness of nature; a bit of rock falls of a cliff,
smashes to the ground and provides a perfect picnic table. Where's the
*design*?

> If it only served the intent of the designer, it would be an expression of
> the designer and best displayed in an art gallery. Good luck!

Maybe it is in order to ask what "design" is meant to be?

Alex
--
"Ultimately, all things are known because you want to believe you know."
                                                         - Frank Herbert