[Sigia-l] Experience Design Opportunity

hk dunston hkd at panix.com
Tue Apr 19 12:29:34 EDT 2005

**CHANGE THE SYSTEM FROM THE INSIDE**

Are you a smart and multi-talented experience designer who is enthusiastic
about working on a wide variety of projects? Interested in an inside look at
the world of business strategy?

Katzenbach Partners is an extremely successful, fast-growing management
consulting firm that focuses on strategy, people and organization issues.
This means that the Experience Design team builds products that actually
improve the way people work and gets to speak for the end user in a way that
wouldn't happen in a regular tech consultancy -- we're involved much
earlier, when strategies are being determined rather than just executed.

To read a recent Fast Company article about Katzenbach, go here:
http://www.katzenbach.com/PDF/1-8855711-eprint.pdf

Some recent projects have included:

-   Visualizing and prototyping the impact of new technologies on the
patient and caregiver experience for a major pharmaceutical client

-   Information and interface design for a large financial client. We
conceptualized, designed and built a tool that lets employees contribute to
each other's performance evaluations and then automatically generates a
report that helps managers make sense of strengths and development areas for
each person

-  A social network analysis project where we designed a survey that allowed
our major telecom client's employees to chart their relationships within
their department and across the company. We then helped to analyze the
resulting data, interviewed participants about their experience taking the
survey and are continuing to refine the firm's thinking about informal
networks

-   Designing and building an enterprise-wide process and project management
system from the ground up

Experience Designers are responsible for:

Software and Website IA:
-    Early stage conceptual work and prototyping
-    Site mapping and storyboarding
-    Production QA to ensure that your ideas are successfully translated by
visual designers and developers

Information Design:
-    Qualitative flow, process and approach diagrams
-     Quantitative, data rich charts and graphs

Evangelizing:
-     Evangelizing user-centered design principles and teaching consultants
and clients about IA and design

ABOUT THIS JOB:

This is a full-time contract IA role based in New York City - starting
immediately. The department is growing fast and there is a high degree of
probability that this role could become a full-time position.

Specific qualifications are less important than demonstrable talent,
experience building large-scale websites and a real interest in (and
thoughtfulness about) the cause of good design as it relates to the
"employee experience".

TO APPLY:

Send a resume, cover letter and link to portfolio to xdjobs at katzenbach.com.
(Please do not reply to this post)