[Sigia-l] is it just me, or is it really hard to find IAs right now?

Donna Timara tdonna at gmail.com
Fri Apr 1 10:48:37 EST 2005

JP <jpungar at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> If NY is like the UK I think that a large part of the
> problem is that companies are unwilling to invest in
> graduates, so the supply of experienced IA's is
> limited,

When you have scarcity of Sr. IAs, and when some Sr. IAs are not
willing to commit to full time, probably hiring managers must take
risk and turn towards new comers.

This may be a good question for the Hiring Managers to answer:

-- Why not trying  newcomers freas from school? What is the risk and
challenges in doing so? This may sound a good proposition if you
already have a design culture in your firm and are willing to
coach/mentor newcomers.

-- How about adding a newcomer and bring a freelancer who
creates/documents design artifacts, which can then be followed by the
newcomer. This can be excellent on job training for the newcomer.

It seems, Managers must be thinking innovatively about this problem.

DT