[Sigia-l] Question about the use of the term 'ontology'

Lars Marius Garshol larsga at garshol.priv.no
Fri Apr 1 09:40:29 EST 2005

* Lars Marius Garshol

| which I think works...

* listera at rcn.com

| How does it work, Lars?

That's easier to understand if you preserve the context of the quote,
which was:

  "It *is* kind of diluted in general usage. I tried to define it as
  [...] which I think works, and I think topic maps fit that."

So it (the definition of "ontology") worked by defining the term
"ontology" that matches how it's generally used in computer science.

| When there's this much confusion on such seemingly basic terminology
| among the learned, how would the unwashed masses even begin to deal
| with this?

I don't understand the question. What's "this", and what do the masses
have to do with it?