[Sigia-l] Accessibility guidelines in Great Britain

Katrin Gehrke Katrin.Gehrke at proximity.de
Wed Sep 1 10:52:08 EDT 2004

Hi,

maybe someone is familiar with this issue:
We are checking the current law regarding accessibility in Great Britain.
The "Code of Practice" (2002) by the Disability Rights Commission
regulates that "reasonable adjustments" for disabled persons have to be
carried out.
This regulation includes web sites, even if the web site is maintained by
a private enterprise.

Now my question: What exactly are "reasonable adjustments" in regard to
web sites?
We are familiar with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) by
the W3C.
Are "reasonable adjustments" conform with priority 1 (must), 2 (should) or
3 (may) of the WCAG?

Thanks in advance,
Katrin Gehrke

Proximity Group Germany GmbH (GWA)
Dorotheenstrasse 64
22301 Hamburg

tel. +49 (0)40/27852-385
fax +49 (0)40/27852-401

mailto:katrin.gehrke at proximity.de
http://www.proximity.de

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential
and may be legally privileged. It is intended solely for the use
of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you
have received this email in error please notify the sender.
You may not copy, disclose or deliver this message or any
part of it to anyone.