[Sigia-l] Copernic Desktop Search Awarded CNET Editor's Choice

mary at maryaustin-keller.com mary at maryaustin-keller.com
Tue Oct 19 17:00:47 EDT 2004

Hi Boniface ~

Copernic is an interesting company.  Their toolbar for Internet Explorer
for custom searches is very useful and well done.  I've only seen their
desktop search product in use and it appears to be very spiffy
functionally. At first glance, they've done a great job with the UI.

For those who are curious, a custom search is a way to initiate a search
at a particular site directly from the Copernic toolbar.  They have a
novel way of entering custom searches - go to any search engine on the
web, type in a special search term (addengine) into the input field and
execute the search.  A window pops up asking if you really wanted to save
the search as a custom search.  If you indicate you want to save it, then
it asks you to name it.  That name (and the site's associated favicon) are
inserted into the search menu on the copernic toolbar.  Thereafter, you
can execute that search for any term entered into the copernic toolbar
search field.  Much, much easier to do than to describe!

~Mary
--
Mary Austin-Keller
mary at maryaustin-keller.com