[Sigia-l] search interface as IA

Boniface Lau boniface_lau at compuserve.com
Fri Oct 8 21:06:34 EDT 2004

> From: Eric Reiss
>
> Finally, this site plays elevator music on the front page - which I
> cannot abide. But it certainly conjured up associations of waiting
> rooms. All part of building the user experience, I guess...

While the background music in a doctor office is pleasing, the site's
background music is annoying. The issue is not in the choice of music,
but the environment in which site users found themselves in. ISTM
whoever building the site's user experience mistook the site to be the
user environment.

Since a web site is not the user environment, the site's background
music tends to cause incongruent user experience.

Boniface