[Sigia-l] Snap

Boniface Lau boniface_lau at compuserve.com
Fri Oct 8 21:05:07 EDT 2004

> From: Thomas Vander Wal
>
> Snap seems blind to context and that is not a step forward. Doing an
> ego search (Vander Wal) the popular pages rank gives ESPN (sport
> site) insanely high rank because ESPN is linked to an awful lot as a
> whole (87,xxx times). ESPN, I doubt is linked to 87k times because
> of John Vander Wal.

The popularity numbers are about site visits, not cross linking.

"Popularity" is "The number of visits to the site by the Snap Network
of internet users since January 2004, after the same search term was
used."

"Web Popularity" is "The number of visits to the site by the
Snap Network of internet users since January 2004."

Boniface