[Sigia-l] IA research?

Stewart Dean stew8dean at hotmail.com
Tue Nov 30 10:55:28 EST 2004

To use the correct information theory definitions:

Data is a collection of numbers, letters, propoerties etc. Information is
that Data in context. The more context the more information.

In other words "Tree",  "Green",  "Christmas", "Star" and "Tall"   are all
elements of Data. "I have a tall green Chrsitmas Tree with a Star on top" is
information. Context includes any kind of link up. Electronically we meta
data adds context for example.

Or In short:  Information is data in context.

Stewart Dean
User Experience Consultant.