[Sigia-l] Serious Discussion of IA Research?

Ed Housman em_housman at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 28 13:06:22 EST 2004

People played ball and shot cannons for a long time before they
understood the physics (aka laws) of motion.  We are apparently
in the same situation; we use information without understanding
how it functions.

Yes, the "law" of gravity went through a tweaking in the past
few decades as we unraveled the mysteries of quantum mechanics,
but these kinds of theoretical explorations should occupy
some of our energies as we continue building cool info structures
that work for a while, then crumble due to a faulty foundation.

--Ed