[Sigia-l] Re: Kano Analysis and the prioritisation matrix

Eric Scheid eric.scheid at ironclad.net.au
Sat Nov 20 00:46:19 EST 2004

On 19/11/04 5:36 AM, "Brett Lider" <Brett.Lider at aa-rf.com> wrote:

> I see it as a way to segregate baseline requirements from "make it really
> good" requirements. Most of the time, we collect requirements in an
> spreadsheet and group them and rank them according to business priority,
> technical difficulty, and user priority. But an important item in user
> priority might be a baseline requirement or an exceeds requirement. So adding
> a field or some way to capture that would be good.

(from off-list, but with permission to post)

I also think the results from KA is what would go into the user priority
column. You wouldn't really need to bother prioritising the "expected must
haves", but you would with the "more is better" and the "unexpected
delights".

I think it would also have some impact on determining the technical
difficulty rating ... knowing that some feature is a "must have" means you
know you only need implement to the baseline depth, and not fuss and worry
about over engineering and optimising it.

e.