[Sigia-l] Google Scholar

Andrew Boyd andrew_db at bigpond.com
Fri Nov 19 14:46:44 EST 2004

Manu Sharma wrote:

>>  All this. But the biggest difference that's instantly apparent is that
>>Google Scholar is amazingly fast. About ten times faster than CiteSeer
>>from where I use it. On CS, I get errors such as "service temporarily
>>unavailable", "down for repairs" or "too many users" all too often.
>>
>>Google results on the other hand take less than two seconds to appear.
>>
>>Manu.
>>http://orangehues.com/blog

Hi Manu,

you have hit the nail right on the head! Yes! :)

I can see it now.. for all its supposed or actual flaws, google is fast! That is what drew me to it in the first place. I would be willing to bet that is why the majority of people use it today.

The results may not be 100% the best available, but they probably work for most of the people, most of the time.

Thanks, Andrew

Andrew Boyd
Business Development Manager
Daily Basis P/L